CREAM OF CAULIFLOWER SOUP
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 cauliflower or 1/2 of extra large
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 tbs gluten-free flour or normal flour if you don’t mind gluten
- 1 l water or leftover cauliflower water, see the note below
- 1 organic vegetable stock cube
- pinch grated nutmeg
- 150 g cream cheese Philadelphia
- 1/2 tsp ground caraway seeds
- ground pepper
- Finely chop the onion and peel the garlic.
- Roughly chop the cauliflower and cut potatoes into cubes.
- Dissolve 1 vegetable stock in 1 litre of water (or use the leftover cauliflower water, see the note).
- Fry the onion in a pot. Once the onion start browning add the chopped cauliflower and potatoes. Continue frying for another 2 – 3 minutes, then sprinkle flour over the top and stir.
- Pour the stock in. Add bay leaf, a pinch of nutmeg and 1/2 tsp of ground caraway seeds.
- Crush the garlic in and season with salt.
- Cook until potatoes are soft approx. 15 – 20 minutes (or 5 – 10 minutes if you are using already pre-cook potatoes and cauliflower, see the note below).
- Before you blend the soup remove the bay leaf.
- Add cream cheese and blend the soup either using a hand blender or a stand mixer.